- VyVy booked a national commercial for US Bank.
- VyVy recorded on an undisclosed mobile game as a superhero.
- VyVy shot on the pilot Wasted as the character of Bethany, an overachieving college student.
- VyVy performed in the play “Half Your Age Plus 9/11” written by Nick Nardini for Public Assembly.
- VyVy was interviewed by IndieWire for her consulting and voicework on BoJack Horseman‘s Vietnam episode in season five.
- VyVy returned to the set of CBS’ Young Sheldon in her role as Trang for an episode in which Sheldon comes over to Tam’s house for a sleepover.
- VyVy played the role of a pundit in the HBO Access project Sterling, a pilot about the aftermath of a school shooting.
- VyVy recorded additional spots for Insta360 ONE.
- VyVy hosted a comedy show at the Ice House in Pasadena.
- VyVy shot on the web series 626 Azns, playing Janet, a feisty Vietnamese gangster.
- VyVy booked a guest starring role on CBS’s new hit show Young Sheldon playing the mother to Sheldon’s best friend, Tam.
- VyVy shot on a commercial campaign for Discover Card regarding the issue of identity theft.
- VyVy shot on an episode of NBC’s Chicago PD, playing Grace Nguyen, a translator who assists in an important case.
- VyVy voiced multiple characters for season five of Netflix’s BoJack Horseman.
- VyVy recorded as the spokesperson for Insta360 ONE, a 4K 360-degree camera.
- Manic was released for viewing on HBO Go and HBO Now.
- VyVy attended the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City, where Manic had its world premiere. The project was part of the Pilot Season program, screening alongside Black Magic for White Boys and Lost and Found.
- VyVy did voiceover recording for a DJI video, a leading drone technology company.
- VyVy started filming as co-host on the comedic YouTube channel Michael’s Spin on Things.
- VyVy shot an industrial for Bechtel, playing a concerned HR employee.
- Manic screened for the first time in Los Angeles at the Landmark Theater alongside the two other HBO Access shorts.
- VyVy produced her first film, Starbucks Lovers, which she co-wrote with friend Chad Schmidt. The project is a romantic short set in an alternate universe where people receive their soul mate’s first words to them on their 18th birthday. She plays the lead opposite Jake Matthews.
- VyVy signed with Don Buchwald & Associates for theatrical representation.
- VyVy booked a guest starring role on Hulu’s The Mindy Project, playing Dr. Jen Trang, an OB/GYN who may or may not be having an affair with Garret Dillahunt’s Jody Kimball-Kinney.
- VyVy shot an industrial video for Lockheed Martin about the topic of insider trading.
- VyVy was given a direct offer for the HBO Access pilot Manic. She was cast to play Melanie, a peppy counselor who is in way over her head, a role she originated at the HBO Access readings.
- VyVy signed with Crimson Media for management, being represented by Matthew Seamons and Matt Floyd.
- VyVy performed in the HBO Access Writers Showcase, playing multiple characters in eight scripts created for the program. She had the opportunity to show off her range, playing an awkward college freshman to a disgruntled Internal Affairs officer to a Spanish-speaking Parkinson’s patient.
- VyVy booked a commercial for the supermarket chain Publix, playing an A-type planner who loves clipping coupons.
- VyVy shot a short submission for YOMYOMF’s Interpretations competition, playing the concerned maid-of-honor to an unfaithful bride.
- VyVy was cast in the short film Unpacking, playing Belinda, a woman determined to leave her seemingly apathetic boyfriend.
- VyVy booked an episode of New Girl on Fox, playing a befuddled woman who crosses paths with Zooey Deschanel’s Jess at a car wash.
- VyVy performed in the ABC Diversity Showcase in front of a packed house at the El Portal Theatre in North Hollywood. She played Abby, a woman eager to find out her pregnancy test results.
- VyVy was cast as Tiffany in the USC Stark Producing Program film Shadows of Iniquity, a film about estranged sisters forced to reconcile when a family tragedy strikes.
- VyVy booked a commercial for the Mercedes GLC.
- VyVy was selected to be on the cast of the ABC Diversity Showcase, which will be held in November. ABC Casting received 8,000 submissions this year and read 800 people, ultimately choosing 14 actors.
- VyVy shot additional episodes for season two of MisSpelled as Emma.
- VyVy shot an episode of Showtime’s Happyish and played Roxanne Trasch, a junior producer on the MGT team. She acted opposite Steve Coogan and Carrie Preston.
- VyVy shot an episode of Booze Lightyear called “Was That Racist?” for Ray William Johnson’s YouTube channel. The video currently has over half a million hits after one week.
- VyVy was cast as Amanda, one of the leads in LAid, a web series about a group of 20-somethings trying to make it in Los Angeles.
- VyVy reunited with director Jerome Villarin on People Like Dogs, a short film about jealousy and murder.
- VyVy was cast as the lead in the short film Signals, a romantic comedy about neighbors and mixed messages.
- VyVy was cast as the lead in the romantic short film Say Something, playing Grace, a girl hopelessly in love with her best friend.
- VyVy shot an episode of ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy, playing Jacki, a tech employee whose coworker is admitted to Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.
- VyVy attended VidCon in Anaheim on behalf of MisSpelled and its premiere episode.
- VyVy shot three additional episodes for MisSpelled.
- VyVy was cast as Emma, one of the leads in MisSpelled, a web series about a group of coeds who discover they have magical powers but may not know how to use them properly.
- VyVy was cast as the lead in the short film Massager for Mom, acting opposite Eric Zee.
- VyVy was cast as Jessica in the short film We’re Good.
- Made in Chinatown won Best Ensemble Cast at the Asians on Film Festival (Fall).
- VyVy performed in the SAG-AFTRA radio play of “A Christmas Carol” at the Autry.
- VyVy shot two additional episodes of NBC’s Parenthood as the character of Akio.
- Made in Chinatown won Best Short, Best Writer, and Best Actor at the NBC Short Cuts Film Festival.
- VyVy shot a second episode of NBC’s Parenthood as the character of Akio. In addition to working with Monica Potter and Peter Krause, she had the opportunity to act opposite Jonathan Tucker.
- Made in Chinatown screened at the NBC Short Cuts Film Festival in New York City.
- VyVy booked a voiceover spokesperson job for software company Intelligent Charting.
- VyVy shot a co-star for NBC’s Parenthood, playing Akio, one of Kristina Braverman’s first interns for her mayoral campaign. She acted opposite Monica Potter, Peter Krause, and Jurnee Smollett.
- VyVy booked a voiceover audiobook job for Audible, narrating Angie Chau’s Quiet as They Come.
- VyVy shot the lead in the short film Zero Sight: Bad Call for Red 5 Studios. She played Veronica, a video game-lover who accidentally puts a hit out on her ex-boyfriend and must figure out a way to stop it.
- VyVy shot a supporting role in the short film Made in Chinatown, directed by Kevin Lau. She played Lilly, girlfriend to one of the lead’s younger brothers.
- VyVy booked a co-star for ABC’s Scandal. She acted opposite Kerry Washington, playing a hostess at a high-end DC restaurant.
- VyVy booked a supporting role for Adult Swim project, You’re Whole, starring comedian Michael Ian Black.
- VyVy booked a top-of-show guest star for NCIS: Los Angeles. She acted opposite Chris O’Donnell and LL Cool J, playing Qui, a nurse who aids in the investigation.
- VyVy booked a commercial campaign for insurance company Woodmen of the World.
- VyVy booked a live promotional campaign for Sony’s animated feature film Arthur Christmas. She played an elf on a living billboard on Sunset Blvd.
- VyVy booked a music video for artist Scott Tang. She played the main love interest for the song “Outsider.”
- VyVy booked a commercial campaign for Zyrtec, the allergy medication.
- VyVy performed in Drop Off Day as part of the RADAR LA Festival at REDCAT. Drop Off Day was written by EM Lewis and was part of the Car Plays: LA Stories series.
- Parachute Kids, directed by Allen Ho, premieres at SXSW. VyVy had a supporting role in the film, playing Stacy, a girl struggling with drug abuse.
- Area 51, a SyFy movie directed by Jason Connery, is released. VyVy had a supporting role in the film, playing the aliens J-Rod and Little Devil.
- The Green Hornet, starring Seth Rogen and directed by Michel Gondry, is released. VyVy had a featured role in the film playing a nail salon assassin.